The Rockaway Township Department of Community Services was formed in 2011 to bring together the wide variety of community-oriented programs under one roof. The Department administers the following services:
- Division of Health, which oversees a broad scope of clinical, environmental, administrative, educational and welfare services, as well as animal control services and information.
- Recreation, which supports many athletic and recreational programs for the Township's youths and adults.
- Open Space and Historic Preservation, which procures and sustains thousands of acres of open public space and parkland, and preserves historic treasures within the Township.
- Senior Services, which provides programs for the Township's elderly residents, as well as assistance to Rockaway's three senior citizen clubs. A Dial-a-Ride transportation service is also available to senior and disabled residents.
The Department of Community Services is
- Child health services
- Dancing and exercise opportunities
- Environmental protection
- Maintenance of park facilities and amenities
- Youth sports programs
- Much more