Coronavirus and COVID-19:
UPDATE Municipal Facilities Appointment Only, (April 9, 2020)
Rockaway Township’s Municipal Building and Department of Public Works will be closed to the public on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays during normal business hours (8:30am – 4:30pm for Municipal Building, 7:30am – 3:30pm for Department of Public Works) until further notice. Staff will be present every day to continue municipal services, and will answer questions and concerns from the public via telephone and email. On Tuesdays the aforementioned municipal facilities will be open by APPOINTMENT ONLY from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- Mayor’s Open-Passive-Recreation Announcement (April 28, 2020)
- Mayor’s Letter to Residents and Businesses (April 25, 2020)
- Mayor’s Letter to the Residents (April 3rd 2020)
- Letter from the Mayor regarding COVID-19 and the 2020 Municipal Budget (March 27th 2020)
- Mayor Press Release (March 20th 2020)
- Mayor Announcement (March 16, 2020)
New Jersey to Launch Online Grocery Shopping for SNAP Recipients
Mask up!" A New DEP Toolkit for NJ Municipalities to encourage the public to wear face coverings when visiting NJ’s open spaces
New and Updated Guidance Documents May 2020
- Return to work- Infographic
- Illness actions chart for public
- Instructions for those who test negative
- Instructions for those who test positive
- Antibody testing Infographic
- Fact sheet
- Those who test positive- Spanish
- Fact sheet- Spanish
- Action Chart for Public- Spanish
- Instructions for those who test-negative- Spanish
Expanded Testing Contact Tracing
New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
Emergency Financial Assistance available from United Way of Northern New Jersey’s ALICE Recovery Fund
New EDA Grant Funding - CARES Act
New Hope- If you are experiencing substance use related matters.
Businesses Permitted to Operate
- Open Businesses (May 6, 2020)
List of Open Restaurants
- Rockaway Township Link of Open Restaurants (May 1, 2020)
NJ Labor Department to Begin Making Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Payments This Week
- COVID-19 Press Release (April 29, 2020)
SBA Paycheck Protection Program Information (April 27th 2020)
Governor Murphy Signs Executive Order Providing Critical Short-Term Support for Renters
- Executive Order No. 128
- Mortgage Relief & Residential Foreclosures: What Homeowners Need to Know
- Residential Evictions: What Tenants Need to Know
- Housing Partnership- NJ
NJNG on Energy Assistance
FEMA Public Notice
“Navigate Parenthood, Navigate New Jersey” NJ Parent Link
- COVID-19 Resources for NJ Parents, Families, Communities & Professionals
- NJ Guidance & Information webpage:
- All NJ Parent Link webpages include new or redirected linkages to assist with COVID-19 family support needs.
- Tailored Perinatal, Parenting, Stay at Home, Hotlines & Helplines integrated throughout the website.
- Multi-Language Features: En Español & Google TM Translator (50 Languages).
- Call 609 633-1363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional resource needs, questions or concerns you might have.
Division of Health
Division of Health to Religious Leaders (April 3, 2020)
Social Security offices in Rockaway closed
Murphy Announces Postponement of June 2nd Primary Elections until July 7th
Division of Parks and Recreation
Out of an abundance of caution regarding COVID-19, Rockaway township has closed parks, active sports and recreation areas, historic buildings, and events and programs until further notice.
Jobs & Hiring Links
- New Jersey COVID-19 Jobs and Hiring Portal
- Operation-Save-A-Life-calls for Nurses & Medical Pros
- Guidance for Self-Employed Individuals
- Self-Employed NJ works FAQ
Resources for seniors
- Morris County Human Services
- Morris County’s Senior Citizen Nutrition Project
- Morristown Meals on Wheels
Delivers to Morristown, Morris Township and Convent Station
- Sussex County Division of Senior Services
- NJ Workers FAQs
- COVID-19 Briefing Call with State Local Tribal Leaders April 1, 2020
- Governor Murphy Announces Blood Donation Drives Are Critical to State’s Health Care Needs April 2, 2020
- Update on COVID-19 State and Local Update March 26, 2020 NJLM webinar presentation
- New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub
- NJ Office of the Governor YouTube Channel with coronavirus press conferences, child care subsidy program announcement
- NJ Court closings state, county and local court closing information center
- NJ Department of Banking & Insurance response to COVID-19, Bulletin to banking and insurance entities, Banking bulletin, Mortgage and loan servicers other other regulated entities bulletin
- NJ Civil Service Commission Guidelines for State Employee Leave Time and FAQs
- NJ DCA Division of Fire Safety Bureau of Fire Code Enforcement COVID-19 Concerns
- NJ Department of Consumer Affairs Resources for Consumers
- NJ Department of Human Services regarding testing payments
- NJ Department of Labor benefits, employment, and the coronavirus
- NJ Department of Law and Public Safety Administrative Order on Essential Retail Businesses, Beaches, and Boardwalks
- NJ Division of Pensions and Benefits, SHBP/SEHBP COVID-19 Response
- NJ EDA Initiatives to Support Small Businesses; NJ Business guidance
- NJ State, County, and Local Libraries’ closures
- NJ Job Portal to connect out-of-work residents with opportunities in critical industries.
- FEMA Assistance information on reimbursements for local governments’ emergency costs
- CDC-Response page what you should know, information, and situation updates
- Executive Office of the President Guidance on Federal Telework/Flexibilities in Response to coronavirus memo
- HUD resource page including COVID-19-related rule changes and homelessness response
- Department of Justice Report COVID-19 Fraud
- Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- CDC- Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 Transmission
- CDC – FAQs and Answers
- Social Security online services or call 1-800-772-1213
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences COVID-19 in the workplace
- A Coronavirus Pandemic Resource Guide for NJ Office of U.S. Sen Cory Booker of U.S. Sen Cory Booker (Updated April 4, 2020)
- World Health Organization rolling updates on COVID-19 and situation reports
- Amtrak travel guidance
- NJ Transit precautionary measures
- NLC Answers to key questions on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- New Jersey Coalition to End Domestic Violence: Increasing Survivor Safety During COVID-19
- New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund
Federal Government Resources:
The CDC has regularly updated information on COVID-19 on their website.
State Government Resources:
The NJ Department of Health has regularly updated information on COVID-19 on their website.
The State also is providing a dashboard with information.
Residents with general questions about COVID-19 – the NJ State COVID-19 Information Hotline is available 24/7 in multiple languages for residents with general questions about COVID-19. Please call 1-800-222-1222, or if in NJ but using a non-NJ cell phone number 1-800-962-1253.
Residents are reminded to take simple steps to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses:
- Wash your hands with soap and water, rubbing with soap for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a commercially-prepared alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol, and then wash your hands as soon as possible afterwards.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough/sneeze into your elbow instead of into hands or a tissue.
- If you cough/sneeze into a tissue, discard it immediately afterwards in the trash and wash your hands afterwards.
- Stay home if you are sick.
For more information, residents can also contact the Rockaway Township Health Department at 973-983-2848.
Local Government Programming Alerts:
Additional Important Information
- Governor Murphy Announces Mortgage Payment Relief, Financial Protections for Economic Hardship as a Result of COVID-19
- MORRIS COUNTY COVID-19 PATIENT TESTING CENTER OPENS MONDAY AT CCM (Monday March, 30th)
- New Jersey COVID-19 Jobs and Hiring Portal
- Social Distancing for Essential (Open) Businesses
- What do I do if I tested negative to COVID-19?
- What do I do if I tested positive to COVID-19?
- New Jersey COVID-19 Jobs and Hiring Portal
- NJ Residents with a Positive COVID-19 Test: Instructions & Next Steps
- Ill NJ Residents who Tested Negative for COVID-19: Instructions & Next Steps
- New Jersey Launches Job Portal to Connect Out-of-Work Residents to Opportunities in Critical Industries
- New Date for Primary Election Ballot Drawing
- MORRIS COUNTY PARK COMMISSION’S UPDATED RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) 3-22-20
- NJ State Elections
- Water Shut Off Release 3-22-2020
- Morris County Resource List
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- What is My COVID-19 Risk: For the Public
- I Feel Sick – What Should I Do?
- What is Social Distancing and Why Does it Matter?
- How Do I Prepare for Isolation if Sick?
- Stopping the Spread of Germs
- Information for Travelers
- COVID-19 and Pregnancy
- COVID-19 and Stress
- Guidance for Testing
- False Text Message Part of Larger COVID-19 Disinformation Campaign
- What Rockaway Township Residents Should Know
- Water/Sewer News
- Water/Sewer News (April 7,2020)
- Rockaway Township COVID-19 Pandemic & Continuity of Government
- Attention Valued Water / Sewer Customers