Rockaway Township Transportation Services
Rockaway Township Transportation Services is a publicly funded program operating specialized vans and buses, serving residents with qualifying disabilities ages 21 and over and adults 62 and older. The program provides free door-to-door transportation service Monday through Friday with pre-scheduled pickup times from 9 AM until 2:00 PM and provides access to Rockaway Township and nearby towns.
- Participant must permanently reside in Rockaway Township and be 62 years of age or older. Persons with disabilities must be 21 years of age or older. Under certain circumstances, temporary disabilities may qualify for transportation accessibility.
- The Township of Rockaway reserves the right to cancel or request you make another appointment at a later date due to weather, driver shortages, mechanical issues, or any other any reason as determined by the Dial-a-Ride Coordinator.
- Appointments must be made at least 1 week prior.
- Service area is limited to the following areas in Morris County:
- Lyons Campus Veterans Administration Hospital
- Mine Hill
- Mt. Arlington
- Mt. Lakes
- Rockaway Borough
- Rockaway Township
- The following areas are available for appointments scheduled between 10 AM and 1 PM: Cedar Knolls, Lyons Campus Veterans Administration Hospital, Morristown.
Please contact the Division of Senior Services at 973-983-2839 for updated information.